Friday, August 17, 2012

Gardening 2012

As I sit here and contemplate what my amaryllis and daylily hybrids will look like, I am struck by the vast variety and complexity of the living world and my part in it. Not to get all philisophical but my little piece of the world is pretty complex and I am continually fascinated by God's hand in that. The pin oaks that are raining down little acorns, the cannas that are blooming in a variety of colors, the Crepe Myrtle continues to bloom with it's blood red flowers and the dancing lady that is blooming again. The natural world is complex. The rest of the world is complex. God has made it complex so we can appreciate the wonder of it all. Anytime you think you have all the answers, go out in the garden and turn over a rock and you find a whole new world in that small space going about their business without your participation at all.
Gardening is about growing things on purpose to add to your appreciation of the things around you. Whether it is roses or petunias or cannas or ferns you have the opportunity to add things, growing things, to your life that you can enjoy and appreciate. Go plant something.

No comments:

Post a Comment